Aims of the foundation
The foundation’s aim is to support and care for children who live under the poorest of circumstances.
With a holistic approach toward nutrition, healthcare and education, we strive to help these children help themselves.
With our primary focus being on Africa, we are confronted daily with the harsh realities which they born into. We therefore either develop our own projects, or identify certain existing projects where we feel we can make a difference in the children’s lives. Our aim is to improve their quality of life by means of education and training not only of the children, but also of their parents and caregivers.
Believe that small change can make a major difference.
We can´t change the world, but we can help children change their world.
Our Overall Objectives
- To ensure that children get the appropriate foundation for a successful future and a great start in life.
- To ensure that the environment in which a child grows up is ideal and safe during the crucial development stages.
- To guide and strengthen young people to make educated and informed decissions.
- To give parents and educators the knowledge through training on how to create the correct enviroment in order to raise, educate and support a child.
- To enable individuals to restore their broken circle of courage (the four quadrants of a circle consisting of Belonging, Mastery, Independence and Generosity which completes a person) through case work (Interventions, Counselling, Support and Referring).
- To emphasize the importance of the knowledge and life experiences of the elders, as a tool for the community and the new generation.
We believe in:
- Protecting, fighting for and upholding human rights and responsibilities
- The diversity but equal importance of all people.
- Giving people opportunities and the strength to improve their own lives.
- An inclusive and holistic approach.
- Sharing knowledge and information.
- Integrated effort and team work.
- Promoting safety, healthy living and care.
- Integrity and excellence.
- Acting rather than words alone.